Legislative Lobbying Services:
- Review and assess past legislative successes and setbacks.
- Establish guidelines to ensure accomplishments of legislative agenda.
- Set client legislative agenda for legislative session.
- Propose recommendations on drafted language.
- Monitor all proposed legislation.
- Coordinate the introduction of legislation by members of the House and/or Senate.
- Attempt to obtain “raised status” of proposed legislation.
- Track bills and inform client of public hearing dates and committee deadlines.
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation of client testimony for public hearings before legislative committees.
- Send out bills of interest and specify client position.
- Send thank you letters to legislators who supported client position on issues.
- Provide direct lobbying.
- Attempt to obtain passage of legislation through the committee process.
- Attempt to obtain passage of bills on the House and Senate Floors:
- Work with leadership from both sides of the political aisle to ensure bipartisan support.
- Contact key legislators to make floor statements on “behalf of” or “in opposition to” certain legislation.
- Monitor amendments proposed by other special interest groups.
- Establish legislative contact between legislators and client constituents.
- Arrange for clients to meet directly with legislators to discuss position.
- Attempt to obtain the Governor’s signature once bills have passed the House and Senate.
- Monitor interim legislative committee action.
Administrative Lobbying Services:
- Establish one-on-one contact with Commissioners and other State Agency Directors, Officials and Regulators.
- Monitor regulations proposed and adopted by state agencies.
- Monitor Regulations Review Committee Action.
- Monitor and lobby all regulatory action.
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation of client testimony for public hearings before state regulatory agencies.
Strategic Communications/Client Interaction:
- Provide periodic updates through e-mails and verbal communications .
- Forward copies of all pertinent legislation for client review either by facsimile, E-mails, or mail.
- Create legislative status, in-house bill tracking reports for client listing all bills of interest along with title, statement of purpose and status.
- Write news column and legislative updates for various client newsletters.
- Provide daily news updates from clipping service or via the internet.
- Organize legislative conferences, meetings and events.
- Speak/Present at conferences and meetings.
- Serve as a liaison between client and legislators.
- Establish various Political Action Committees for clients interested in becoming involved in the campaign fund-raising process.
- Represent client at various political functions.
Grass Roots Activities - Citizen Advocacy
- Provide grass roots training sessions for general membership
- Establish key contact list between general membership and legislators
- Coordinate all grass roots activities with general membership
- Coordinate and orchestrate Public Relations and Community Relations Campaigns and Fund-Raising Initiatives
- Organize legislative breakfasts, receptions, and/or “Day at the Capitol” for membership